‘We all make mistakes’, Tiktoker Mirabel returns to social media after rehab
Nigerian TikToker Nsikak Abigail, popularly known as Mirabel, has returned to social media months after she was taken into police custody and later placed in a rehabilitation programme following a false rape allegation.
Mirabel resurfaced on TikTok on Saturday, sharing a series of posts that marked her first known public activity on the platform since the controversy that began in February.
In one of her posts, she wrote, “I survived, so I’m awaiting your hate comments.”
She also shared a video with the caption, “Out of therapy but not healed,” suggesting that she is still dealing with personal issues despite completing the rehabilitation programme.
In another post, Mirabel wrote, “Made peace with my mental health since rehab couldn’t help. Hi y’all.”
She also made a separate post in which she wrote, “We all make mistakes, but not a bisexual stud.”
Her return comes months after she was taken into police custody over a rape allegation that she later admitted was false.
Mirabel had attracted widespread attention in February after posting emotional videos alleging that an unidentified man had broken into her residence in Ogijo, Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State, and sexually assaulted her.
She claimed that the incident occurred on February 15, 2026, after she had been drinking because of insomnia.
According to her initial account, she opened her door believing the person outside was a neighbour. She alleged that the man pushed her backwards, causing her to hit her head on a refrigerator and lose consciousness.
She further claimed that the alleged attacker tied her up, gagged her and sexually assaulted her before leaving.
The allegations went viral, generating widespread outrage and prompting reactions from celebrities, activists and members of the public.
However, questions were later raised about inconsistencies in Mirabel’s account. The controversy escalated when she admitted during a conversation with activist VeryDarkMan that the rape allegation had been fabricated.
Mirabel reportedly admitted that she created the TikTok account allegedly used by the supposed attacker and said she had been taking drugs and was not thinking clearly at the time.
Following her admission, the Ogun State Police Command commenced an investigation, and Mirabel voluntarily reported at Ibafo Police Station.
She was subsequently transferred to the Ogijo police jurisdiction, where she underwent medical examination and received treatment.
Although the police initially indicated that she could face prosecution over the false allegation, she was later released to the Ogun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development for care while investigations continued.
The case subsequently shifted from possible prosecution to rehabilitation, with authorities determining that she required psychosocial support.
In June, the Ogun State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwasina Ogungbade, said investigations, together with Mirabel’s own admissions, established that the rape allegation was “false and deliberately fabricated.”
Ogungbade said the investigation found that there was no offender to apprehend or prosecute and no public safety threat arising from the original allegation.
The state government therefore decided that psychosocial rehabilitation would better serve the interests of justice than prosecution.
Mirabel was consequently placed under the care of the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development while she underwent rehabilitation.
Her latest posts suggest that she has now returned to public life, although she did not disclose when she left the rehabilitation facility or provide further details about her recovery.
Vanguard News
The post ‘We all make mistakes’, Tiktoker Mirabel returns to social media after rehab appeared first on Vanguard News.
